NEW PATIENT CHECK-UP...only £49...Call us on 01562 744840 to book your dental appointment
Who we are: Sutton Park Dental Centre (SPDC)
We are a team of dental professionals who are passionate about providing the highest possible standards of care. To ensure that we can provide care safely and effectively, we need to be certain that we have correctly addressed patients' needs and wishes, have answered their questions and have taken account of their medical history and any treatment that they are undergoing, as this may affect how we can provide care for them safely.
Care may involve several members of our team.
We give assurance that all members of our team will respect the confidential nature of the information provided, and protect it from being used by others in any unauthorised way. Should patients wish to change the way in which we contact them, they can contact us by the means listed below .
By email, to: email@example.com
By telephone: 01562 744840
By writing to: Dr. Teresa Whitmore, Sutton Park Dental Centre, 43 Sutton Park Road, Kidderminster DY11 6LD
Ways in which information can be collected
● By attendance at our practice as a patient
● On completion of documentation such as a Medical History form via the ‘Patient Portal’
● By agreeing to or requesting referral to other professionals
● Through our support system - contacting us by telephone, text or email
● Through taking part in our surveys
● Attending our events
● Making payments to us using a card, credit or payment plan
● Use of our website Information collected
● Information about patients from a referring practice
● Permission given for other organisations to give us information, e.g. regarding a loan in connection with treatment What type of information: The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why it is being requested and provided Typically, the basic personal information we collect might include:
● Contact details - address, email address, telephone number
● GP name and practice address
● Next of kin or carer contact details
● Contact details for those with Power of Attorney
● Family members names and contact details Through use of our website, we collect:
● IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
How do we use your information?
● We process and use your information to provide safe dental care. How long do we keep this information?
● For this information patients can contact our Data Protection Officer, Matthew John, at Sutton Park Dental Centre.
How do we keep this information safe?
● When we receive personal information, we take steps to ensure that there are appropriate technical measures in place to protect it. For example, access is restricted only to those who are entitled to see the data, our online templates and audits are always encrypted, and our network is password protected and routinely monitored. Passwords are changed 3 monthly Who has access to this information?
▪ Patients have a right to ask us to stop processing their personal data and, if it is no longer necessary for the purpose it was intended (e.g. to provide services, products or information, processing payments etc.) we will delete it ( notwithstanding the requirements of maintaining clinical records)
▪ Patients have a right to ask for a copy of their information held by the practice. This can be requested either by mail or email
▪ Patients have a right to have any incorrect information to be corrected. If there are any discrepancies in the information we provide, they can inform us, and we will correct it.
▪ Patients have a right to choose whether they wish to receive information from us.
How can patients access their information?
● By mail or email. A request must be made in writing to Dr. Teresa Whitmore, with the reason for requesting such information.
● We (Sutton Park Dental Centre) have the right to ask for identification, to ensure that no data is passed on to third parties.
The request format: The request must be made in writing and describe the type of information required with dates, if possible, and include sufficient information to ensure correct identification (name, address, date of birth, for example).
You must check that the person asking for information has the right to do so and, if necessary, ask for proof of identity. The practice should provide the requested information as quickly as is reasonably possible and at least within one month of receiving the request Marketing preferences: If updating their preferences, a patient’s name and address will be requested to make sure that we update the information accurately.
There is an ‘opt in/out’ request on the patient portal link; if no email is available, this will be asked by a member of the team who can tick this box for you.
Our Practice Promise:
At Sutton Park Dental Centre your dental health is our priority, and we endeavour to offer the very best in patient-centred care to our NHS and Private patients.
The practice keeps records of your name, address, date of birth and details of any health problems as
well as details of your dental treatment and details about your family. We keep this information so that
we can provide you with the best dental care. Your personal information is kept very confidentially and
We only use your personal information so we can give you the best dental care and for sending
reminders to you.
We only pass your personal information to another dentist, doctor or hospital if you have a problem
that requires their special skills and you need to go and see them. We will not give your information to
anyone else unless the law allows us to, or we have to provide it for legal reasons.
If you leave the practice, we will stop using your information, but will keep it confidentially and securely
until you are 25 years old (or 26 years old if you were 17 when your last treatment ended), or for 15
years (NHS patient) /11 years (private patient) after the completion of treatment, whichever is longer.
We will then review if and when we can delete it. You can always ask for a copy of the information we
hold for you, we can transfer it to another dentist or doctor at your request and you can ask us to stop
using your personal information to send letters or contact you in other ways if you are no longer a
patient at the practice.
When you reach 18 years of age the Privacy Notice about how we process your personal information will change to the adult version. This can be found on our website.
If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you or if you have any other enquiries such as correcting an error in your information or providing a copy of your information to somebody else please contact:
By email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 01562 744840
By writing to: Information Governance Lead, Dr. Teresa Whitmore, Sutton Park Dental Centre, 43 Sutton Park Road, Kidderminster, Worcestershire DY11 6LD.
We welcome your comments and concerns, whilst being polite and courteous at all times.